In March 2016, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Board of Regents approved the framework and creation of the nonprofit corporation, UNLV Health, the clinical faculty practice plan of the the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV.
UNLV Health is a multi-specialty practice with over 350 employees, and 7 locations with 151 providers. UNLV Health combines education and research within the treatment environment, and manages the faculty clinical practice.
Through our clinical activity, our faculty practice plan supports the medical school’s missions of:
- Providing exceptional medical care and superior patient experience.
- Building clinical, education and research service lines and programs.
- Translating leading scientific innovations into clinical practice.
- Servicing the diverse health care needs of the southern Nevada region.
- Providing learning experiences for graduate, and post-graduate medical education.
- Be an environment for continuing education of physicians.
- Maintain a fiscally viable clinical enterprise for the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV.